Want to receive Gmail notifications when events happen in Salesforce? This integration allows you to completely customize your notification system within Salesforce.
A Way to Increase Your Sales Reps’ Productivity.
Your reps use Gmail. And they use Salesforce. Isn’t it time your sales reps use Gmail and Salesforce together?
Sales reps spend up to 28% of their day in email and calendars. It’s important for them to bring Salesforce data to the place where they spend so much of their time.
When you integrate Gmail and Salesforce, you help your reps spend less time entering data and toggling between the two systems. You also help sales teams track important email conversations relevant to Salesforce records. These perks help your reps:
Why Sales Rep uses Salesforce:
- Eliminate the time they spend on redundant data entry into two systems
- Access important Gmail messages and relevant Salesforce records in one place, making it easier to craft targeted, meaningful email communications to prospects and customers.
- Focus more on what matters most: their sales.
Why Sales Reps Use Gmail
- Send email messages: Email is an easy and effective way to engage with prospects and get relationships going.
- Maintain contacts: The contacts in Gmail serve as your reps virtual file.
- Schedule meetings and appointments: Your reps rely heavily on their calendars for planning their days and scheduling important events.
Steps to set up Lightning for Gmail from Gmail Account:
- Maintain leads and contacts: Your reps relate leads and contacts to other important Salesforce records, such as accounts and opportunities.
- Schedule meetings and appointments: Sales reps and their managers rely on the Salesforce calendar to get sales-related meetings and appointments on the books.
- Track deals in the pipeline: Sales folks track their deals using Salesforce opportunities, which your sales teams relate to (you guessed it) other important Salesforce records.
- Lightning for Gmail and Lightning Sync System Requirements:Requirements for Setup:
- Email: G Suite Gmail with a unique email domain in this format: @yourcompanyname.com
- Browser: Google Chrome Most Stable one Currently.
Lightning for Gmail is available to Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Force.com customers. Lightning Sync is available to Sales Cloud customers. All Salesforce editions are supported: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions.
Set Up Lightning for Gmail
- Click on Setup.
- Enter Lightning for Gmail.
- Click On Enable Lightning for Gmail and Enable Enhanced Email with Lightning for Gmail.
Before preparing Salesforce for Lightning Sync, make sure that you’ve taken the necessary steps to prepare your company’s Google for Work account to communicate with Salesforce.
From Salesforce Setup, Register a new remote site for https://www.googleapis.com.Do
- Go to Chrome Store.Enter Lightning for Gmail in the Search box, then select the Lightning for Gmail extension.
- Click Add to Chrome and confirm Add an extension to add it to your Gmail account.
- After adding Lightning for Gmail to Chrome and navigating to Gmail, to login to Salesforce, enter your Salesforce credentials in the new pane displayed to the right of the Inbox.
not disable protocol security for the site, or Salesforce can’t connect with Google.
Set Up Lightning Sync for Google:
- From Salesforce Setup, enter Lightning Sync Setup in the Quick Find box, then select Lightning Sync Setup.
- Enable Lightning Sync.
- Select OAuth 2.0 for Google (Beta) as your preferred connection method.Upload the private key to your Google service account. Your Google admin generated the key when setting up the service account for Lightning Sync.
- Click on Save.
This include decisions such as:
- Enable Lightning Sync. From Setup, enter Sync in the Quick Find box, and then select Sync Setup. Click Edit, select Enable Lightning Sync, and then click Save.
- Select how you connect to your email server from Above Steps.
- To confirm whether it can communicate with Google, run the Lightning Sync connection test. The test checks several points of connectivity between Salesforce and Google. When the test is completed, it provides a summary describing your connection status. Define sync settings for your sales reps.
Customize Lightning for Gmail:
- Who can sync and what kinds of items they can sync
- Whether you want to limit items
- What happens when a rep deletes an item from either Gmail or Salesforce
- From Setup, enter Lightning for Gmail in the Quick Find box, and then select Lightning for Gmail
- Consider enabling these options to optimize your reps’ experience using Lightning for Gmail.
- Enable Enhanced Email with Lightning for Gmail. Instead of adding email messages to Salesforce as tasks, sales reps add them as email messages.
5. Work with Lightning Email Templates from Lightning for Gmail. Your reps can quickly draft email messages using templates instead of writing messages from scratch.
- Customize content with Lightning App Builder. You get loads of flexibility customizing how Salesforce content appears in Outlook.