I am going to explain how to start working in Salesforce lightning. Salesforce provide us two desktop user interface.
- Salesforce Classic
- Salesforce Lightning
We are using Salesforce classic yet. Which is good environment but not more upgraded as comparison to Salesforce lightning. Salesforce lightning gives us more advance features and quick responsive as well as client side and server side also. So, it’s time to start lightning and learn new things for upgrade our business. I will cover all basic things, which will require in Salesforce lightning.
Salesforce Lightning :
- What is Salesforce lightning?
- What is the difference between classic & lightning?
- Why need Salesforce lightning?
- How to create custom domain and why?
- What is component?
- Create a basic component in Salesforce lightning. And all that…
Salesforce lightning is build by lightning component framework. It provides us some standard component, some more development tools and also give us to create a own custom component. And measure advantage are- make a responsive applications for any device.
Salesforce Classic & Salesforce Lightning :
Needs of Salesforce lightning:
- Home Page.
- Smarter views.
- Activity Timeline.
- New design for ease of use.
- More columns on dashboards.
- Lightning Experience.
How & why to create custom domain:
- More productive.
- It’s all about speed.
- It’s a fully optimized mobile experience.
- Lightning empowers you to work smarter.
- It’s designed to help you work the way you want as in separate component.
1. Custom domain is used to specify your Salesforce org URL. That means create a custom URL for security purpose.
2. It’s used to modified behavior when Un-Authenticated user try to login in Salesforce.
· Redirect to single sign-on server (SSO).
· Provide SSO with SAML identity Provider.
· Custom domain working multiple Salesforce orgs at same time.
· Branding your login URL.
Steps for Enable custom domain :
Your My Domain sub domain uses standard URL format.
· Protocol : https//
· Sub domain prefix : your brand or term
· Domain : my.salesforce.com
Your sub domain name can include up to 40 letters, number and hyphens. You can’t start the name with root, status or a hyphen.
For Example :
Your Salesforce Org. default assigned URL looks Like :
After Register a Custom My Domain, URL looks Like:
Step 1 :
Go to Setup(classic)
–> Domain Management
–> select My Domain.
Step 2 :
- Click on the Check Availability button. (If your name is already taken, choose a different one.)
- Click on the Register Domain button.
Step 3 :
Salesforce updates its domain registries with your new. When it’s done, you receive an email.
It can take a few minutes
before your domain is available.
Step 4 :
Now click on Log In button then load page…
Step 5 :
Go to Deploy to users – Roll out the new domain to your org.
Now ready to use. Enjoy guys with custom domain name.
My Domain setting :
Authetication Configuration :
What is component ???
Components are reusable unit of an application. An app can contains any number of component. Basically, An app is a collection of component And A component can contain any component. Components that come with the Lightning Design System styling are available in the lightning namespace. These components are also known as the base Lightning components. You can assemble and configure components to form new components in an app.
Open Source Aura Framework :
The Lightning Component framework is built on the open source Aura framework. The Aura framework enables you to build apps completely independent of your data in Salesforce. The Aura framework is available at https://github.com/forcedotcom/aura
The Aura framework, such as aura:iteration and ui:button. The aura namespace contains components to simplify your app logic, and the ui namespace contains components for user interface elements like buttons and input fields. The force namespace contains components specific to Salesforce.
Developer console gives us tolls for creating components and applications, like…
- Use the menu bar (1) to create or open these Lightning resources.
– Application – Component – Interface – Event – Tokens
Step – 1 :
- Use the workspace (2) to work on your Lightning resources.
- Use the sidebar (3) to create or open client-side resources that are part of a specific component bundle. – Controller – Helper – Style – Documentation – Renderer – Design – SVG
Create a Lightning Component named as – First Component
Write code in component —
Step – 2 :
Create a New Lightning Application named as – First_Application
Write script in Lightning Application –
Write script in style client side resource –
Thank you guys… SAZID ALI