Home > Blog > SALESFORCE.COM USER LICENSES
A user license determines the baseline of features that the user can access. Every user must have exactly one user license. You assign user permissions for data access through a profile and optionally one or more permission sets.
Types of Licenses:
- Salesforce: This is the most popular and the most purchased license. It provides complete access to standard CRM, custom Apps, standard Apps and Force.com AppExchange apps.
- Salesforce Platform: This is the most popular and most purchased license. It provides complete access to standard CRM, Custom apps, Standard Apps (standard tabs and objects such as forecasts and opportunities). The offline connection is possible for the license users.
- Customer Community Login: Customer community login licenses are name based and allow a set number of logins per month. One would use login based license for customer communities where there’s an expectation of a large number of users but infrequent access.
- Salesforce Platform Light: This license provides access to custom apps but not to standard CRM functionality. It’s the same as Salesforce Platform license except for the duration for which the user can log in is limited monthly.
- Work.com Only: It’s basically of two types:
- work.com Only user Licenses-These are for the users who don’t have a salesforce license.
- work.com User Feature Licenses– These are for users who have a salesforce license.
- Customer Portal Manager Custom: This allows contacts to log into the customer portal to Manage Customer support (more access than Customer Portal Manager Standard)
- Force.com – One App: This allows users to access to one custom app but not to standard CRM Functionality. Besides the entitlement to the rights of Salesforce Platform, it also provides access to an unlimited number of custom tabs.
- Partner Portal Users: It’s further classified into 3 types:
- Bronze Partner: Users with this license can access Documents and My Account Profile. (No Storage Space)
- Silver Partner: Users with this license can access the Documents tab, My Account Profile, Leads, and Approvals. (2 MB No Storage Space)
- Gold Partner: Users with this license can access the Documents tab, My Account Profile, Leads, Custom Objects, Approvals, Accounts, Cases, and Opportunities. (2 MB No Storage Space)
- Identity License: This license provides access to Salesforce Identity features. It allows a connection between Salesforce users and external applications and services while giving administrators control over authentication.
lets get over a cup of coffee and discuss!